Successful Interview Tips
As summer rolls around and vaccinations roll out, more people are eager to get out and some are even looking at new jobs. This is truly a candidate driven marketplace we are in right now, but you still must bring your “A” game to standout. I put together a quick list of some great interview tips.
- Be on time. It might seem silly to even mention but being on time is so important. We all want to make a great first impression and being late is not the way to start off. Remember, people are taking time out of their day to meet with you.
- Dress for the part you want. Now this does not mean wear your superhero cape. I would save that for day 2! I would dress one step above their dress code or at the minimum match it.
- Be prepared. Do your research on the company. Visit their webpage and read the job posting. Understand why you want the job and be prepared to answer this. Explain how your skills match the job description.
- Have specific examples. Everyone loves the STAR Method. Situation, Task, Action and Result. Talk about the situation you were involved in, what the tasks were that had to be completed, how you acted and what your result was.
- It is ok to brag. You need to bring your success stories. These success stories should be on your resume too. Companies want to know what you sold, how much you sold or how you developed a new idea.
- Ask questions. Take your research from their website and come up with 1-2 questions about the company. Show your interest. Some examples include: What is the best part of your job? What Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) will you use to measure my success?
- Finally display confidence, communicate clearly, and establish a natural rapport with your interviewers. It is ok to practice. Especially if this is over Zoom. Do a practice run to make sure all your equipment is setup properly.
These are just some quick tips to get you started. Be sure to check out our blog “Fall In love With Your Resume.” for some great resume tips.
Want to start a journey towards building a high performing culture? We can give you a roadmap. It takes less than 10 minutes.