12 Herculean Ways to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Hiring Strategy
12 Herculean Ways to Use ChatGPT to Improve Your Hiring Strategy
There are two things we know to be true; hiring is a Herculean effort and Artificial Intelligence is making headlines. Both elements have an air of mysticism about them; heroes and villains, monsters, impossible tasks; it has them all. So, what do the 12 tasks of Hercules and the use of AI in hiring have in common? Good question, thank you for asking.
In recent years, the use of artificial intelligence (AI) has become increasingly prevalent in various industries, including recruitment. One of the most prominent AI models in this space is ChatGPT, a large language model trained by Open AI, based on the GPT-3.5 architecture. ChatGPT can be used in numerous ways to enhance the hiring process and support hiring professionals in finding the right candidate for the job. In this blog, we will explore 12 ways to use ChatGPT in your herculean hiring strategy.
The 12 Tasks of Hercules, a Greek Mythological tale (with the Asterix cartoon being the best depiction), is in some way the perfect metaphor for the challenges hiring managers face in finding and hiring the right candidates. Each task represents a unique challenge, and by completing them, Hercules proved himself to be a worthy hero. Similarly, hiring managers must navigate and traverse through various tasks, such as adventuring through the maze of Boolean searches and sourcing projects, assessing candidates, engaging with them through feats of connections, and scaling the heights of the accepted offer (without falling off the precipice of the counteroffer), all of this and more to find the best candidates. AI and tools like ChatGPT are the Hermes and Athena of the hiring process. According to Google, Hermes, along with Athena, also helped Herakles when he could. He also counseled Herakles when he descended to Hades and warned him of the Gorgon’s inability to harm him anymore and gave him a sword to use on his journeys.
They couldn’t complete the task for him, but they were there to aid Hercules in his tasks. Tools like ChatGPT, when used correctly, have become game-changers. By using tools such as ChatGPT hiring managers can approach these tasks with greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Create an interview question bank by role or interview type: One of the significant challenges in recruitment is developing effective interview questions that assess a candidate’s skills, experience, and fit for the role. With ChatGPT, you can create a bank of relevant interview questions for specific roles or interview types. For candidate-specific questions, we also lean into the data provided by the Predictive Index assessments. Using both of these tools in tandem increases our ability to explore the candidate more effectively.
- Write Boolean search strings: Boolean search strings are a combination of keywords and operators used to refine the results of a search. ChatGPT can help you develop more sophisticated search strings that improve your chances of finding the right candidate for the job. It can also help you with the semantics of search time and widen your lens to give you additional visibility.
- Get a list of keywords for the job description: By inputting a job description into ChatGPT, you can receive a list of relevant keywords that can help you optimize your job posting for search engines and attract more qualified candidates, that’s if you decide to post your role online.
- Write candidate outreach copy: ChatGPT can help you develop personalized outreach copy that resonates with your target candidates, making them more likely to respond positively to your recruitment efforts. Whatever you do, make sure that you tweak it to give it that personal touch.
- Conduct hiring market research: ChatGPT can help you analyze the job market by identifying trends, competitive salaries, and other critical data points that can inform your recruitment strategy.
- Create candidate summaries or write-ups to speed up the shortlisting process: ChatGPT can help you analyze resumes and other candidate information to create summaries that streamline the shortlisting process, saving you time and resources. ChatGPT can also help you clean up your draft and ensure it is free of grammatical errors.
- Write job advertisements: By inputting a job description into ChatGPT, you can receive suggestions for writing job advertisements that attract the right candidates. Again, that’s if you decide to post it online. What you can do is use ChatGPT to create social media captions to support the sharing of your job roles among your networks.
- Draft email templates for recruitment: ChatGPT can help you develop personalized email templates that streamline your communication with candidates throughout the recruitment process.
- Break down job description complexity: ChatGPT can help you break down complex job descriptions into more accessible language, making them more accessible to a wider range of candidates. ChatGPT is a great tool to help with gaining an understanding of the complexities of a role and using that to communicate effectively with candidates.
- Assess a candidate against job spec: With ChatGPT, you can input a candidate’s information and compare it against a job spec to assess their suitability for the role. This can help you make more informed decisions about who to invite for an interview.
- Extract questions from a job description: ChatGPT can help you extract relevant questions from a job description to help guide your interviews with candidates.
- Candidate engagement: ChatGPT can help you respond to candidate inquiries and concerns promptly, improving their overall experience with your recruitment process.
While some may view ChatGPT as a threat to traditional talent strategy professionals, it’s essential to remember that AI models like ChatGPT are tools that can augment and enhance the recruitment process, not replace it entirely. Think of ChatGPT as a shiny new hammer and not a silver bullet; IKEA furniture vs building your own from scratch. Ultimately, the decision to hire a candidate still rests with the recruiter and the hiring team, and ChatGPT can assist them in making more informed decisions. By leveraging ChatGPT’s capabilities, hiring professionals can streamline their processes, improve their recruitment strategies, and find the right candidate for the job. Even Hercules needed help. ChatGPT is a supplement, not a substitute. Nobody could complete the tasks for him but by using the help offered by Athena and Hermes he was able to supplement his guile, cunning, and strength.
More than recruiters, Titus Talent Strategies are a team of Talent Optimizers who genuinely care about the work we do. We empower companies to put the right people in the right seats through informed, connected strategies that combine data with an empathetic understanding of what makes people tick. We recognize that our partners are investing in us and that results mean more than just people placed in a role. It’s about impact and connection.
Want to start a journey towards building a high performing culture? We can give you a roadmap. It takes less than 10 minutes.